Friday, August 20, 2010

Night Stand Makeover

A friend gave this little night stand to my son but it was in need of some TLC. (Please ignore my badly worn mahogany floors. They are in need of some TLC as well, but that's a project for another day.)

After a good sanding to repair it's tattered finish, I brushed on a couple coats of some nice creamy white paint.

I decided it needed some 'character' - so, I gave it some gentle distressing with sandpaper.

For the areas that were just too hard to reach with sheets of sandpaper, I used my trusty emery board. It works like a charm.

The old tired night stand now has a new lease on life.

Until next time ~ Suzanne.

Linked to: Tatertots and Jello Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful new finish, Suzanne. Every thing your hands touch turn out wonderful!! I just love coming here to see all your projects! Thanks for always sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nightstand turned out just wonderful! I love the color you chose too. Just became a follower of your blog. Look forward to reading more.
    ~ Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Suzanne-I would be proud to put your wonderfully re-imagined nightstand next to my bed :-) Amazing to see that what a little creativity and a lot of elbow grease can accomplish-love it!
    Fondly-Cristine

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top